Friends of Las Terrenas 10K
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN - YOU CAN REGISTER ONLINE NOW. Click HERE to register ONLINE.
THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION ON THE DAY OF THE RACE.
Registration fees are the following:
Las Terrenas 5K and 10K, US$ 15.00 if paid by PayPal
Las Terrenas 5K and 10K, RD$ $600.00 if paid at the registration centers or directly to Banco Popular.
All fees include the use of the CHIP, a commemorative medal and a Dri-fit T-shirt.
REGISTRATION KITS CAN ONLY BE PICKED AT PUNTA POPY ON THE FOLLOWING DATES AND SCHEDULE:
SATURDAY, 2 MARCH FROM 10:00 AM TO 7:00 PM AND SUNDAY, 3 MARCH FROM 6:00 AM TO 7:00 AM *
* ONLY FOR THOSE COMING ON THE FEDOMATLE BUS
1. Participants must be at least 15 years old to participate in any of the races.
2. Entry fee can only be reimbursed if cancellation is submitted in writing prior to 20 February 2012.
3. If event is cancelled because of force majeure, no new date will be set, and the next event will take place one year later.
4. The organizer is not liable for any costs involved by the participant if the event has to be cancelled due to force majeure.
Participation is at the runner's own risk, and the organizer is not responsible for damages, by whatever cause, suffered by the competitor as a result of this participation.
The 5K and the 10K races will start simultaneously at 8:00 AM from Punta Popy Beach and will end at the starting line as well.
There will be a fluid station every kilometer of the route handing out water. There will also be water and sports drinks handed out at arrival.
FIRST AID AND MEDICAL AID
There will be two medical teams and two ambulances at the finish line and at the 5K mark. There will also be a Red Cross team with its ambulance at the 2.5K mark and first-aid volunteers along the route. We will also have a bicycle team on the route ready to provide assistance as needed.
Male categories by age are as follows: 15-20, 21-39, 40-59, 60-69 and +70.
Female categories by age are as follows: 15-20, 21-39, 40,55, 56-64 and +65.
Participants must be 15 years-old on the date of the event, and they must have turned the age of the category prior to the event.
10K Overall Male and Female: 1st. Place RD $6,000.00, 2nd. Place RD $4,000.00, 3rd. Place RD$ 3000.00
5K Overall Male and Female: 1st. Place RD $3,000.00, 2nd. Place RD $2,000.00, 3rd. Place RD$ 1,500.00
10K Special Catergory Las Terrenas: 1st. Place RD $2,500.00, 2nd. Place RD $2,000.00, 3rd. Place RD$ 1,500.00
Certificates for the first three places in each category of the 10K ONLY.
In Santo Domingo:
1) Runner's Shop, Máximo Aviles Blonda, Esq. Viriato Fiallo, Plaza Las Lilas, Ensenada Julieta, 2do. Piso, Tel. 829 866 5060.
2) Santo Domingo Corre, Av. Correa y Cidrón #106, Edif. Plaza Sarah Luz, Local 103, Corner of Abraham LincolnTel. 809 741 3531.
In Santiago De Los Caballeros: Online
In Las Terrenas: Las Terrenas Language School, Calle Libertad 1, Suite 8, with Alma Arellano, Tel. 809 769 7267